- The HKU Marathon Team Organising Committee (hereinafter
referred to as 'the Organising Committee') collects personal
information, such as your name, HKID / passport number, email
address, phone numbers, etc., when you register as a Team
member. Such information will be used for authentication purpose
during registration, or when you utilize related services.
Sometimes it may be necessary for the user to provide additional data
for related events and seminars, etc.
- The Organising Committee will treat such personal data provided by the user as strictly confidential.
- The Organising Committee may provide such data to the University
for all activities related to the HKU Marathon Team.
- The Organising Committee will use the minimum possible
information required by the Hong Kong Amateur Athletic
Association (HKAAA) for administrative purposes, to enter the
'Most Support Team' competition of the Standard Chartered Hong
Kong Marathon 2008. HKAAA may use these data for promotional
- The Organising Committee will not disclose any personal information provided by the user to any
other external body or organisation unless the user has been informed or it is required to do so by law.
Enquiries and Change of Registration Data
- You have the right to access the information provided by you
and to update it if appropriate. Should you wish to access or correct your personal information held by us, please present your enquiry or request
by using this website (http://www.marathon.hku.hk), by e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the
HKU Development and Alumni Office (DAAO).
- Please also note that HKU Marathon Team runners and Support
Team members can access their referrer/referee's information in
the registration system of this web site.
- The HKU Marathon Team uses secure servers to protect all of
your personal information. You are advised that no data
transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be
guaranteed to be 100% secure, and could be observed by a third party in transit.
- The HKU Marathon Team expressly disclaims any responsibility
for any loss arising out of the online entry in Standard
Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2009.
- This site contains links to other sites and pages which are
not maintained or controlled by the HKU Marathon Team and hence
we are not responsible. When you activate any of these links or
pages you leave the HKU Marathon Team website and access to such
a site or page is at your own risk for which the HKU Marathon
Team disclaims all responsibility and liability.
The HKU Marathon Team
(Last update: October 22, 2008)